San Jose State University, San Jose, California:
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, Pictorial.
• Dean's List.
Awards and honors:
"Saratoga Collection" - Works of Emerging Artists. Photography purchased for collection of
ARTVOICES Magazine Top 10. Selected as one of the top 10 New Orleans' Artists of the Year.
• "Emerge" - Photography from Verbal Abuse Series. Ogden
• "Someone Talked" - Photography series. AAF, New York City (September).
• "A Second Time Around" - Solo show of recent paintings. Side
Gallery, New Orleans (June).
• "Below the Radar" - Group show of paintings and photography.
511 Studios, New Orleans (April).
• "Six Principal Observations on Human Behavior" - Group photography exhibition
to coincide with PhotoNOLA. Coup d’oiel Art Consortium, New Orleans (December).
• "Women on the Verge" - Group exhibition featuring paintings from a New Era of Women.
Galerie Gigi, New Orleans, (July-August).
• "Hard Eight" - Group exhibition of mixed media artists. Homespace Gallery,
New Orleans (November-December).
• "Elemental" - Group exhibition to promote and showcase NOLA'S Emerging
Visual Artists. Terrence Sanders Gallery, New Orleans, (March).
• "Art Basel" - Group exhibition of mixed media artists. Taller
Duende Gallery, Miami, (December).
• "Measures Beyond" - Group exhibition of silk screen works.
Subrosa Gallery, San Francisco, (June).
• "Interwoven" - Group exhibition of works in oil and graphite. Third
Street Studios, San Jose, (April-May).
• "Pathos and Alienation" - Solo exhibition of oil paintings depicting
the subject of pathos and alienation. Herbert Saunder Gallery,
San Jose, (May).
• "Five Flowers- Personal Revelations-Mysteries Revealed" - Group exhibition
of oil paintings and printmaking. Thought Farm Studios, San Jose (December).
Publications, film and television:
• Photography purchased for the set of the film "Trespass".
• Oil paintings purchased for set of television series "Memphis Beat".
Cover of magazine
"Miriam Waterman on Abuse"
December 2009. p 41&42 Z Behl.
• After graduating from SJSU I decided to take a hiatus from my painting in order to acquire
fresh inspiration beyond the classroom. Prague became my home as I taught and traveled
extensively throughout Europe. After numerous stolen cameras and many motley adventures I realized
it was time for me to return to my studio.
• Yearning for a taste of Europe, I naturally chose to settle in New Orleans in 2008. It is here
that I plow away at my paintings and photography.